Monday, June 11, 2012

Welcome to the Library!

  As a pronounced book worm I'm always looking for something new to read. But finding new books to read can be a daunting task. What if I purchase a book and dislike it? Are there questionable topics in the book? Things I don't want to read? I always enjoy asking friends what the books are that they enjoy. 


As a young lady who has read voraciously I am also often approached by homeschooling Moms. They all want to know one thing - is this books acceptable for my child? Can I hand it to them knowing that what they will read will not be immoral or out of their range? 


The purpose of this blog is to offer recommendations friend to friend. We will give you rating on books so you know just what you are getting into. We'll also find you the best place to buy the books online. It's like walking into your best friend's library. We can't wait to enjoy this adventure with you! 
~Amanda 

Being a fast reader, I've ran out of books very often in my lifetime, causing me to grab at whatever reading-material comes to hand.  But ever since I started reading I've been troubled with finding which books could be interesting and which are inappropriate.

Granted, this hasn't always bothered me myself, but my very wise Mamma has had quite a trial going through what I should and shouldn't read. (Yes, The Scarlet Pimpernel is a nice book, but you're only nine.  Don't you think you should wait a while?  It'll be a lot more appropriate when you're sixteen.")In the past Mamma has spent quite a while looking through the strange new books I bring home and even now I like to know what kind of book I'm getting into before I read it.

This blog is partly to help the readers who want to know about what they're reading, and especially because, as bookworms, we love talking about our book adventures to fellow-readers.  As Amanda said, it's like walking into your best friend's library, but then also staying for delightful book-chats with a cup of tea.  It will be so much fun. 
Fellow reader, will you join us?
~ Maria Elisabeth

Small Print: None of the above images are ours, but are courtesy of Pinterest.com

7 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Hello! I'm excited to read your book reviews!

Genevieve (Jane)
my book blog is here:
janeandelizabeth.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my word, I am exactly the same way. Gone with the Wind at 11 raised a few well meaning eyebrows in my direction!
It is so hard sometimes to find good books to read. It's so sad to start one that looks good and then have to put it down halfway through because it's contents are less the savory! =P
Can't wait to see what books you review!

Teddy said...

Oh joy! This is awesome! Goina be great!

Kellie said...

Love this idea! You're going to do some great work here, girls! So excited:)

--Kellie

Josiphine said...

I pretty much died laughing over the Scarlet Pimpernel comment...of course, maybe it was born out of empathy.

Arielle Melody Bailey said...

Looking forward to the adventure!

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted that two discerning readers have created this comfortable space where others can seek suggestions on what to read. I'm eager to see what you ladies come up with and wish you all the best! :D